London, UK, (24th September 2012) – Nero, the leading multimedia software developer, has announced the latest addition to its flagship media suite range. Nero 12 allows video, photo and audio enthusiasts to enjoy multimedia content in their preferred formats on PCs and mobile devices. The new software is now on sale in the UK and is compatible with all Windows 8 devices.
Nero 12 has a variety of features, targeting users with different levels of skill and creativity. The new product gives beginners a simple platform to manage, edit, create and share their own multimedia content on any device. Furthermore, more advanced video editing and creation with Blu-ray and playback options will also appeal to more advanced users.
“It is now possible to enjoy HD content on all kinds of devices, including PCs, Blu-ray Players, HDTVs, streaming-enabled set-top boxes, tablets and game consoles. What has been missing is an easy way for Windows users to convert, customize and connect your content for all these different devices,” commented Martin Stein, chief product officer at Nero.
“Nero 12 fills that void. In one seamless and focused package, it has everything you need to import, enhance, convert and play just about any type of video, photo or audio content. Nero 12 is a complete multimedia suite that is accessible to users of all levels, including beginners,” added Stein.
With Nero 12, consumers can now:
- Rip DVDs, Blu-ray Discs™1 and AVHCD™ videos containing your personal content, as well as videos from online sources
- Import video from AVCHD™ camcorders, DSLR cameras, smartphones or other capture devices
- Convert video for optimal playback on an XBOX 360™, PS3™/PS® Vita, iPad®, iPhone®, Android tablet or smartphone, Kindle Fire™, and many other devices
- Edit videos and apply new slow and fast motion effects, video stabilization effects1 and incredible vintage film effects and retro film themes1
- Create professional-looking Blu-ray Discs and DVD-Video discs, complete with menus, chapters and customizable themes
- Manage videos, photos and music in one centralized media library
- Stream movies, photos and music from the media library to streaming-enabled HDTVs, game consoles and mobile devices
- Play videos from Blu-ray Discs1, DVDs and virtually any video file format on a PC or laptop
Nero 12 is ready for Windows 8, as well as legacy versions of the OS going back to WindowsXP.
Special upgrade prices as low as £29.99 are available exclusively at www.nero.com for loyal Nero customers. Nero 12 is also sold at selected retail and e-tail establishments for an MSRP of £59.99.
Special upgrade prices for Nero 12 Platinum, which has greater support for the Blu-ray Disc format and hundreds more incredible effects and themes for video projects, start at £39.99 and are available exclusively at www.nero.com. Nero 12 Platinum is also sold at selected retail and e-tail establishments for an MSRP of £79.99.
1 This feature is only available in Nero 12 Platinum. Blu-ray Disc features require appropriate hardware.
Nero creates software applications and platforms that help consumers simply enjoy their photos, videos and music. Its free Nero Kwik Media platform enables consumers to access, enhance and share their digital content across PCs, smart phones, tablets and online social networks. Nero also produces a widely used multimedia software suite, which contains powerful applications for media management, video playback, video editing, video converting, file back-up, content syncing and disc burning.
Nero has offices in Glendale, Calif., USA; Karlsbad, Germany; Yokohama, Japan; and Hangzhou, China.
# # #
Nero and its product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nero AG. Other product and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners and do not imply affiliation with, sponsorship or endorsement by owners. © 2012 Nero. All rights reserved.