In this tutorial you can follow the step by step procedure for recoding a video for iPod® in Nero Recode.
- Select the Recode Main Movie to Nero Digital™ task in the Nero Recode start screen.
The My Nero Digital™ Movie Backup screen is displayed.
- Click the Import DVD button.
The Find Folder dialog box opens.
- Select the drive or hard drive folder which has the video in it (e.g. F: drive) and click the OK button.
The video is analyzed and imported.
The capacity bar at the bottom of the screen displays how large the imported files will be. If the source file is larger than the target medium then the middle section of the DVD-Video Files tab displays how the DVD can be recoded to match the selected profile.
- In the Profile Category drop-down menu, select the Apple® iPod® entry.
A window informs you that the encoder settings for the respective profile will be set to the standard value.
- Click the OK button.
- Make sure that you select the iPod/iPhone AVC entry in the Profile drop-down menu.
- Click the Next button to define the burn settings.
The Burn Settings screen appears.
- Select your iPod® in the Target drop-down menu
- Click the Burn button to start the recoding process.
A window will point out an option in iTunes® that must be activated to save the video to the iPod®.
- Check the setting in iTunes® and confirm with OK.
The burn process begins.
The Recoding and Burning screen is displayed and you can follow the process with the progress bar.
The recoding process is complete when the relevant message appears in the information window.
- Decide if you want to save a log file of this process.