This tutorial provides step by step instructions on how you can set up a free user account in the My Nero Internet community directly from Nero ControlCenter. You also learn how you activate that account. Furthermore, you can save your login information in Nero ControlCenter. That way, you don't have to log on to My Nero each time you use your access directly from one of the Nero applications.
The following requirements have to be fulfilled:
- You have started Nero StartSmart.
Proceed as follows to set up a user account directly from, to activate the account, and to save the login information in:
- A Internet connection is established.
- In the first screen of Nero StartSmart, click the button > Tools > Nero ControlCenter.
A dialog box is opened. You now have the option to have Nero ControlCenter search for updates for your Nero products.
- Click the No button.
The Nero ControlCenter window opens.
You will find detailed instructions in the separate Nero StartSmart manual if you want to search for updates for your Nero products.
- Click the My Nero menu icon.
The My Nero screen is displayed.
- Click the Create a My Nero Account button.
An Internet connection is established. The Register window is opened.
- Fill in the input fields on the registration form. Please note that fields marked with an * (asterisk) must be filled in.
- Click the Register button.
Your user account is being created. We will immediately send an e-mail with your personal activation code to the e-mail address you specified.
- Open this e-mail and click the provided link.
The connection to the internet is established. The Access Activation window is opened.
- If applicable, enter the Activation code (this step is only required once) and click the Activate button. Normally, your nickname, i.e. your username and the code, are already entered into the input fields.
Your user account was activated successfully. You can now use your user name and password to log on to the My Nero Internet community at any time.
Furthermore, you can now save your login information in Nero ControlCenter. That way, you don't have to log on to My Nero each time you use your access over the Nero applications.
- Open the Nero ControlCenter window again.
- Enter your Nickname and your Password into the input fields. Click the Check Account Information button.
Your account information is checked.
You have created a My Nero user account over Nero ControlCenter and saved your registration info in Nero ControlCenter.