In order to use the software, download the archive and save it to a folder on your hard drive.
The software contains a command line Nero AAC Codec without a graphical user interface. The applications must be retrieved either from the command prompt, batch file, or from the "Run" command in Microsoft® Windows™ start menu.
The encoder requires .WAV files in PCM wave format as input and provides .MP4 in MPEG-4/3GPP file format as output, as well as quality and bitrate values as parameters. The decoder requires input in MPEG-4/3GPP file format and provides PCM wave files as output.
For more detailed information about the basic and advanced options of the codec, refer to the readme.txt file provided in the archive.
Chip Magazine (Germany) rated the Nero AAC Codec in terms of efficiency of size and the results, as listed below, show that MP4 files created with the Nero AAC Codec take up approximately 50% of the space that an MP3 file does. Which means you can pack more MP4 files onto your portable device and enjoy more music and audio books everywhere you go!
|Song Title and Artist||Album Title||WAV file size||MP4 file size||MP3 file size|
|"Easy to Love"||"Die Fetten Jahre Sind Vorbei" (OST)||38 MB||993 KB||1.75 MB|
|"Unbelievable" - EMF||"Coyote Ugly Soundtrack" (OST)||35.4 MB||914 KB||1.64 MB|
|"All By Myself" - Jamie O'Neal||"Bridget Jones' Diary Soundtrack" (OST)||46.3 MB||1.03 MB||2.05 MB|
Highest fidelity MPEG-4 audio solution – FREE!
Release Date: December 17, 2009
- Improved encoding of sample rates higher than 48kHz
- Solved compatibility issues with some hardware devices
- Write iTunes compatible gapless data
- Enabled preserving of very quiet high frequencies at high bitrates
- Write the encoder settings to metadata - Executable size reduction
- Improved error handling
- Speed up
- Support 3GPP tags
- Support Sony Memory Stick tags
- Improved cover art support
- Improved support for files with multiple tags in different formats (ND,iTunes,3GPP,Sony Memory Stick)
- Writes iTunes tags by default, added switch to enable ND tags
Release Date: September 17, 2008
- Improved multichannel encoding
- Solved compatibility issues with some hardware devices
- Improved CBR bitrate control
- Ignore wave file length of 0 on -ignorelength
- Solved issue with very long files and -2pass
- Removed special SSE compile, all optimizations have been merged with the normal compile
- Linux version speed optimized
- Encoder exits gracefully and writes valid MP4 file on ctrl+c
- Fixed incorrect channel output for 7.1 encodings
- Linux version available
Release Date: August 6, 2007
- Linux version
- New q value mappings
- Retuning of almost all bitrates
- Fix in HEv2 encoder/decoder delay
- Fixed incorrect streamlength written in MP4 files
- Significant speedup
- Removed -hinttrack option
- Linux version
- Fixed a memory leak
- Added -hinttrack option
Release Date: February 13, 2007
- Quality tuning for some bitrates
- Added support for 16 and 22.05 kHz samplerates for HE AAC
- Fixed HE AAC configuration problems for 5.1 files (at q=0.0)
- Temporary file handling fixed on Windows Vista
- Various speed optimisations
- Small speedups
- Reduced memory usage
- No changes
Release Date: May 18, 2006
neroAacTag.exe for Nero Digital™ Audio+ Tagging
Nero AAC Encoder
- Now writes mpeg-4 tags at the beginning of the MP4/3GP files
- Now supports multiple input files (-if) and produces a multichapter
MP4 file when more than one input file is present
- Backwards compatible signalling of SBR and PS Audio Object Types
(also when LC is used for encoding) for improved 3GPP
- Added progress display
Nero AAC Decoder
- changed to new faster AAC/HE-AAC/HE-AAC v2 decoder
- Added support for the backwards compatible signalling and
Release Date: May 1, 2006
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. YOU MUST HAVE AGREED TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE.
End-User License Agreement
Nero AG licenses you to use this software package for personal non-commercial and/or technology-evaluation purposes.
This License does not provide any rights to reproduce and/or distribute this software package in whole or in any part.
A written license agreement with Nero AG is needed for any Commercial use of this software package, including, but not limited to, exploitation of products, which are incorporating and/or using, in whole or in part, executables provided in this software package
Please contact Nero AG for licensing guidance.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY NERO AG TO YOU "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL NERO AG BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
IN NO EVENT WILL NERO OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR COSTS WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM THIS LICENSE AND/OR YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF USE OR DATA, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, OR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF A NERO REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR COSTS OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN YOUR JURISDICTION. NERO'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY AND THAT OF ITS LICENSORS UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS LICENSE SHALL BE LIMITED TO TEN US DOLLARS (US $ 10.00).
MPEG-4: Use of this product in any manner that complies with the MPEG-4 Audio Standard is prohibited, except for use by a consumer engaging in personal and non-commercial activities.
AAC: The command line encoder is using the MP4 file format I/O library for writing AAC audio to ISO/IEC 14496-1 compatible container. This library is available under MPL from www.mpeg4ip.net.
This License constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between Nero and you with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior oral or written understandings, communications or agreements not specifically incorporated herein. You may not assign your rights or obligations granted under this License without the prior written consent of Nero. None of the provisions of this License shall be deemed to have been waived by any act on the part of Nero, but only by an instrument in writing signed by an authorized signatory of Nero.
If any provision of this agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision will be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable, and such decision will not affect the enforceability
The failure of either party to enforce any of the provisions hereof will not be construed to be a waiver of the right of such party thereafter to enforce such provisions. Any and all remedies herein expressly conferred upon a party will be deemed cumulative and not exclusive of any remedy conferred hereby or by law, and the exercise of any one remedy will not preclude the exercise of any other. Headings will not be considered in interpreting this Agreement.
This License will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws in force in the Federal Republic of Germany. The respective law courts of Karlsruhe, Germany, shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes relating to this License. This License will not be governed by the conflict of law rules of any jurisdiction or of the United Nations Convention on contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded.
© Copyright Nero AG April 2006. All rights reserved.
Technical support is not available for Nero AAC Codec.