In this tutorial you can follow the step by step procedure for recoding a video for iPod® in Nero Recode.
The following requirements have to be fulfilled:
- You have started Nero Recode.
- You have stored a video on your PC or you have inserted a DVD into your drive.
- You have connected the iPod® to your computer.
- You have installed iTunes® on your computer.
To recode a video, proceed as follows:
- Select the Recode Main Movie to Nero Digital™ task in the Nero Recode start screen.
Click the Import DVD button.
- The My Nero Digital™ Movie Backup screen is displayed.
Select the drive or hard drive folder which has the video in it (e.g. F: drive) and click the OK button.
- The Find Folder dialog box opens.
In the Profile Category drop-down menu, select the Apple® iPod® entry.
- The video is analyzed and imported.
The capacity bar at the bottom of the screen displays how large the imported files will be. If the source file is larger than the target medium then the middle section of the DVD-Video Files tab displays how the DVD can be recoded to match the selected profile.
Click the OK button.Make sure that you select the iPod/iPhone AVC entry in the Profile drop-down menu.Click the Next button to define the burn settings.
- A window informs you that the encoder settings for the respective profile will be set to the standard value.
Select your iPod® in the Target drop-down menuClick the Burn button to start the recoding process.
- The Burn Settings screen appears.
Check the setting in iTunes® and confirm with OK.
- A window will point out an option in iTunes® that must be activated to save the video to the iPod®.
- The burn process begins.
The Recoding and Burning screen is displayed and you can follow the process with the progress bar.
Decide if you want to save a log file of this process.
- The recoding process is complete when the relevant message appears in the information window.
- You have recoded a video for the iPod®.
The Next button takes you to the What do you want to do now? screen, where you can select the other options or close Nero Recode.