With the generated fingerprint by MD5 programs (md5sum) you can easily control if a downloaded file is unchanged and complete.
Please download the NeroMD5Verifier.zip from our FTP-server, then choose a folder (or your desktop) to unzip the file. How to use the Nero MD5 verifier:
Copy the md5 check sum (with CTRL + c ) from our download page. You can find this information beneath the description of every download package. Then click on paste and insert the original MD5 check sum. Download the software package and save it to a folder.
Browse for your file and click on it. The Nero MD5 Verifier will create and show the MD5 hash check sum. If both sums are identical the download was successful. If there is a difference between the two sums, either the download was not successful or the file is corrupted. If that is the case, download the file again.
If the sums differ again, please contact Nero Technical Support.
For Nero 9, Nero 8, Nero 7 and Nero BackItUp4
Uninstalling a Nero product did not work correctly?
Use Nero General CleanTool to delete all remaining Nero entries from your system.
Please proceed as follows:
Download the Nero General CleanTool, save this file to your desktop. Unzip the ZIP-file with WinZip or WinRAR and save the content to your hard drive. Double-click on the unzipped EXE-file to start the CleanTool. The window “Nero General CleanTool” will open. The Nero products installed will be displayed.
Check the boxes next to the Nero products you want to remove. Then click the “Clean” button. A status window will open. The execution of the tool may take several minutes.
Please wait until the progress bar has moved completely to the right. In the window “Nero General CleanTool” click the “Exit” button as soon as the erasing procedure is completed.
Reboot your computer. The Nero General CleanTool has removed all selected Nero entries from your computer.
"Get Support Files" gathers all available log files of different Nero applications, system information, installed software, and much more.
Download the file "GetSupportFiles.zip", save this file to your desktop. Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the tool by double-clicking on the EXE-file. The window “C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe“ will open. The execution of the tool may take some minutes.
You can track the single steps in the displayed window. After the tool has run successfully, you will find a file called "NeroSupport.cab" on your desktop. Please send us this file as an email attachment if you contact technical support.
Additionally, we would like to point out some unique properties of the application "GetSupportFiles":
The application gathers the following information:
- All available log files for different Nero applications, containing information about the last processes being performed during your Nero installation. These log files may indicate what kind of files you use within Nero.
- System information gathered by the Microsoft Windows Tool "MSInfo32"
- Information on the installed DirectX version: For this, the Microsoft Windows application "DXDiag" will be used.
- The "SETUPAPI.LOG" log file: This file will list all installed devices, Windows Service Packs and Windows Hotfixes.
- The "TWAIN.LOG" log file: This file will list the installed devices recognized via TWAIN.
- The "SchedLgU.txt" log file. This file contains information on currently scheduled tasks (e.g. the JobScheduler in Nero BackItUp)
- Certain extracts from the registry:
- a. Information on the settings with which Nero applications run.
- b. Information on how the CD/DVD drives have been installed.
- c. Information about other installed applications and drivers for other applications on your system as well as a list of your sent files.
Nero suggests that you check the file created by "GetSupportFiles" and remove private information that you don’t want to transfer to Nero.
By sending the information as listed above you agree to the following:
Nero AG may use the information provided to confirm, change, bill, monitor, and resolve problems with the quality of their products and/or services.
Nero AG may also use the information, including those aggregated, to develop or enhance their products and/or services.
Furthermore we’d like to point out that Nero AG may access or disclose information about you, including the content of your communications, in order to:
(a) comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process;
(b) protect the rights or property of Nero or our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the services and/or products;
(c) act on a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect Nero’s employees, customers or the public or in regard to other legal or regulatory requirements due to extenuating circumstances.
For more information please read Nero’s privacy statement available at:
This declaration of yours can, at any time be repealed, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not agree to the above then you must not use the "GetSupportFiles" application.