General System Requirements Nero 9
- A DVD-ROM drive is required for installation
- Windows® XP SP2 or SP3, Windows Vista®, Windows Vista® with SP1 or SP2, Windows® 7, Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP2
- Windows® XP and Windows Vista® 64 bit versions are supported in 32 bit emulation mode.
- Nero DiscCopy Gadget only works in 32 bit emulation mode in the Sidebar under Windows Vista® 64 bit, or in the Desktop Gadget under Windows® 7 64 bit. Please follow these steps to activate.
- Close all 64-bit gadgets.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing the CTRL, ALT, and DEL buttons simultaneously. Proceed by searching for the sidebar.exe process in the Task Manager and close it if it is running.
- Locate and run the 32-bit version of sidebar, by double-clicking the sidebar.exe, located in the following directory: [System partition]/Program Files (x86)/Windows Sidebar/sidebar.exe .
- Right-click the desktop and select the "Gadgets" entry in the context menu.
- The gadget gallery window opens. You can now add Nero gadgets to your desktop by double-clicking them. For more information about Nero gadgets, please consult the respective user manual(s).
- Right-click on the Sidebar icon on your taskbar and select Properties.
- Uncheck Start Sidebar when Windows starts. Click Apply and then OK to close the window.
- Right-click on the Sidebar icon again and select Close.
- Locate and run the 32 bit version of Sidebar.exe located in Program Files (x86) in the folder Windows Sidebar.
- Right-click on the Sidebar icon (32 bit version) on your taskbar and select Properties.
- Make sure the option Start Sidebar when Windows starts is checked. Click Apply and then OK to close window.
- Windows® Internet Explorer® 6.0 or higher
- 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® III or equivalent AMD and Intel® processor (2 GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or equivalent AMD and Intel® processor for Windows Vista®, or Windows® 7), 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM for Windows Vista®, or Windows® 7)
- 1.8 GB hard drive space for a typical installation of all components
- CD, DVD, or Blu-ray Disc recordable or rewritable drive for burning
- DirectX® 9.0c revision 30 (August 2006) or higher
- Up to 9 GB available hard drive space for DVD images and temporary DVD files
- Graphics card with at least 32 MB video memory and minimum resolution of 800 x 600 pixels and 16-bit color settings (24-bit or 32-bit true color is recommended)
- Installation of the latest WHQL certified device drivers is strongly recommended
- For the Nero Online services: Nero product registration, product updates, patent activation, GracenoteÂ® services, Nero Online Backup, and other features (such as photo sharing) an Internet connection is required.
- Nero recommends a broadband connection (DSL-1000 and higher or Internet connection with equivalent performance) for all Nero online services such as Nero Online Backup and Nero Video Services. Internet connection charges are the user's responsibility
- 16-bit Microsoft® Windows® compatible sound device and speakers (16 bit sound device required for Nero Wave Editor and Nero SoundTrax)
- Installation of latest WHQL certified device drivers recommended
- Blue laser reading/writing device for Blu-ray Disc support* (check special blue laser system requirements)
- Up to 50 GB free hard drive space for Blu-ray Disc BD-R/RE dual layer disc images
- SecurDisc compatible optical drive for SecurDisc features
- OHCI compliant FireWire controller (IEEE 1394) for DV or HDV capturing
Special Requirements for Home Entertainment
Nero Show Time
- Optical drive with DVD capability to play DVD-Video
- Graphics card with hardware overlay support.
- 16-bit Microsoft® Windows® compatible sound device and speakers
Special Requirements for video editing and authoring with Nero Vision
- For TV recording, DVD-Video authoring, capturing and burning in real time 2 GHz CPU and 512 MB RAM
- For analog or digital recording: TV tuner or video recording card
- OHCI compliant FireWire® card (IEEE 1394) for DV capturing
- For Smart 3D menus: DirectX® 9.0 compliant graphics card with 3D acceleration, 16 bit color, and a minimum of 64 MB video memory is required (32 bit, true color, 128 MB video RAM and support for Shader Model 3.0 is recommended)
- For High Definition Capturing and Editing: HD capable video board, FireWire® controller conforming to OHCI (IEEE 1394) for HDV recording, 2,4GHz or faster processor (HT or dual core), 1 GB of RAM or more
Special Requirements for LightScribe and Labelflash
- LightScribe compatible recorder and medium
- LightScribe host software must be installed
- Labelflash compatible recorder and medium
Special Requirements for working with high definition content with Nero Vision
- Intel Pentium IV 2 GHz or equivalent AMD and Intel processors (faster recommended)
- Blu-ray Disc drive with recording functionality for data, audio and video recording
- Minimum of 512MB RAM
For playback of unprotected high definition content, like AVCHD, additionally
One of the following processors:
- AMD Athlon 64 FX 2.6 GHz or faster
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.2 GHz or faster
- AMD Turion 64 X2 2 GHz or faster
- Intel Core Duo 2 GHz or faster
- Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or faster
- Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 3.2 GHz or faster
- Intel Pentium D 3.4 GHz or faster
1GB of RAM recommended
A graphics card with at least 256MB of video RAM based on one of the following:
- nVidia GeForce 6600GT, 7600GT, 7800GTX512, 7900GS, 7900GT, 7900GX, 7900GTX, 7950GT, 7950GTX, 8500, 8600, 8800, 8400M, 8600M or newer
- ATI X1600, X1650, X1800, X1900, X1950, Radeon HD series or newer
For playback of protected high definition content (home recorded BD-AV or AVCREC discs), additionally:
- For 64bit systems, Windows Vista or later is required
- The installed Blu-ray Disc drive must support AACS
One of the following graphics setups:
- PCI-Express/onboard video card with built-in display (e.g. notebook or integrated PC)
- PCI-Express video card with DVI/HDMI and HDCP-support, Display/TV with HDMI input or HDCP-enabled DVI input
- PCI-Express video card with VGA output and VGA monitor (some discs may not play or play with reduced resolution on analog displays)
- PCI-Express video card with component/video output and support for CGMS-A and Macrovision, TV/projector (some discs may not play or play with reduced resolution on analog displays)
- Latest graphics drivers with COPP support (ATI Catalyst 8.1, NVIDIA ForceWare 169.21 (Windows XP), ForceWare 169.25 (Windows Vista) or newer recommended)
- To determine whether a display or TV supports HDCP, please check its documentation
- Some combinations of graphics cards, displays and discs may result in reduced resolution playback. Use of a HDCP-supporting card and display is recommended for best results
Blu-ray capabilities are subject to change