London, UK, 04 February 2014 - Nero today announces the availability of an updated package for Nero 2014 that adds video conversion tailored for over 10 of the latest consoles, smartphones, and tablets. The update is available free of charge for Nero 2014 users.
This latest update to Nero Recode - our multi-format converter - and Nero MediaHome – our multimedia management and streaming tool - helps you convert almost any multimedia file into a PS4/Xbox One compatible format or stream directly to the console via DLNA*.
"With gaming consoles pushing hard to be the centre of the living room, we’re preparing early adopters who are looking for ways to stream or play TV shows, movies, music and images from PCs to the PS4 or Xbox One,” said Oliver Schneider, Vice President Suite Business at Nero.
“But we didn’t stop there. Basically all the hot gadgets you found under the Christmas tree are now supported”. To help gamers and enthusiasts alike, Nero now includes tailored video conversion profiles to get the best resolution, compatible formats and best audio for:
- Smartphones: iPhone 5C/S, Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy Note 2/3
- Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, Kindle Fire HDX, iPad Air, iPad Mini with Retina Display
All your content can be converted to play back on your gaming console, smartphone or tablet or streamed. This update makes it easier to squeeze down content more suitable for new devices to save space and get the best possible picture and audio quality on the go or in your living room.
Note: While the Xbox One includes DLNA video capabilities from the get-go, PS4 users will have to wait for now until both USB and DLNA playback of video files is supported. In any case, Nero users will be ready for when the day comes.
Update roundup across the Nero 2014 suite
The Nero 2014 suite of content editing, conversion, management, play back and burning products has also received improvements across the board:
- Nero Recode: Besides supporting multiple next-gen devices, Recode features the latest in hardware accelerated encoding technologies (Intel® Quick Sync Video, NVIDIA CUDA, ATI/AMD Stream).
- Nero MediaHome: Offers optimised and easier-to-use streaming, browsing and playback of your content (pictures, videos, music).
- Nero Video: Improved usability and better support for capture cards make this the go-to solution for video pros. In addition, Nero Video’s cutting-edge 4K-Support helps you prepare for upcoming 4K video recordings and playback devices.
The update also includes several minor bug fixes and enhancements for Nero BurningROM and the Nero Blu-ray Player.
Nero creates software that helps consumers around the world simply enjoy their videos, photos and music. Nero produces a widely used multimedia software, which contains powerful applications for media management, video playback, video editing, video converting, content syncing and disc burning. Nero BackItUp offers an innovative and easy-to-use concept for backup on PCs and mobile devices. Its NeroKwik service gives consumers a simple, smart and social way to share photos across mobile devices, cloud storage services and online social networks. Nero has offices in Glendale, Calif., USA; Karlsbad, Germany; Yokohama, Japan; and Hangzhou, China.
Nero and its product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nero AG. Other product and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners and do not imply affiliation with, sponsorship or endorsement by owners. © 2014 Nero AG. All rights reserved.